Wednesday, 4 April 2012

Mad Men and Mansfield

Today I was out shooting a little Mad Men inspired fashion for Monday's Evening News.

It's no secret I have a passion for the past so when I get to play around with a little vintage inspired material it makes my day.

Set in the early 60s the show really transports you back to a colorful time on the cusp of the sexual revolution.

Clothing really mirrored that. Everything was cinched and figure hugging, all of it aimed at exaggerating the female form.

So here's a nod to one of the sexiest screen starlets of the time, Ms Jayne Mansfield. Without her I'm pretty sure Christina Hendrix buxom character, Joan, wouldn't be around today.

I just adore this image of Sophia Loren gawping in disgust down Ms Mansfield's d├ęcolletage!



3 comments:

  1. Such inspirational images - I adore Mad Men!

    http://girlonbroughtonstreet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should say that as I drew a pair of leopard print brogues not too long ago ;)

    I love the whole figure huggingness! Woman always looked so feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie, she's a total babe! And I'm loving your blog.

    Katie, post the brogues. I'd love to see them!

    Lx

    ReplyDelete